Senior Legal Adviser
25th March 2019
IFPI is seeking a Senior Legal Adviser to work full-time in its Global Legal Policy team in London, with special emphasis on the Latin American region. The IFPI legal policy team works to secure an adequate legal and regulatory environment for the recording industry in markets worldwide. It also informs IFPI’s voice in the copyright debate, promoting the value of music and the role of record labels in the digital economy.
- Qualified lawyer in any jurisdiction with a minimum of 8 years PQE, or equivalent work experience.
- Native Spanish speaker, or proven experience using Spanish as the working language. Knowledge of Portuguese also preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Latin American region.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a copyright industry trade association promoting and preserving the value of copyright.
- Exceptional knowledge of international copyright law and policy-making. Candidates should have a proven track record of creating policy positions for a media/entertainment copyright industry trade association, taking into account national and international law, demonstrating a clear understanding of the international treaties applicable to copyright and knowledge of how those treaties should be implemented in national law.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating policy positions on copyright and other legislative initiatives, in writing and through direct advocacy. Candidate should provide examples of where they have developed written policy positions and examples of where they have personally advocated for an industry position. Candidates will also need to provide referees who can attest to their strengths in these areas.
- Experience of researching and drafting articles on copyright and international trade issues.
- Experience of working in more than one jurisdiction is preferred.
- Experience of working for or advising a competent government department on copyright issues is preferred.
- Able to use both Spanish and English as the working language, with competence in one or more other languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of fast and accurate legal analysis, with the ability to work independently.
- Salary - commensurate with experience + Company benefits.
Closing date 23rd April.
Applications and CV’s should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent to HR@ifpi.org